Fort Street Wine
HOW TO ORDER:
Order forms are available from the link at the bottom of this page.
Wine will also be available at the club on a Saturday night whilst meals are on.
Fort Street Red: Grange Royals new fundraising initiative.
2009 Cabernet Sauvignon - BAROSSA VALLEY
A rich rull bodied wine matured for 42 months in new and used oak.
It displays typical Cabernet Sauvignon flavours, with good length and a firm but find tannic finish.
The wine is still a bit 'closed' and benefits from decanting a couple of hours before drinking.
It will keep refrigerated, for 2-4 days after opening.
Grange Royals Hockey Club fundraising committee sought to source a product which
- was an everyday consumption item in people's lives
- could not be offered at a significant discount to normal
- did notrequire additional spending but rather merely required a differenteverday purchasing decision
- is of quality and presented in such a manner that it can be sold/marketed outside the GRHC community:
in other words, allows us to put our hands in other people's pockets!
GRHC will release a wine or series of wines each year. These will be
- labelled 'Fort Street Red' and 'Fort Street White'. These labels are professionally designed and printed
- premium wines sourced by professional winemakers, mainly from the premium South Australian wine regions of Barossa Valley, Clare Valley & McLaren Vale
- varied from year to year depending on the availability of bulk wine at the required price
- priced at between $5-$10/bottle les than if that wine was available from a normal retail outlet
- priced initially at $180-$200/dozen ($15-$16.50/bottle) and available in premium packaged lay down cartons of 6 bottles ($90-$100/half dozen).
If this initiative is supported by members and develops as expected over the next three years, it will become the main fundraising initiative for the club and enable it to provide advanced services and facilities to members.
THE INITIAL OFFER
- 2009 Barossa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon sourced from the Thomson family vineyard (ie Raf-Premier League Men). (Fruit from this particular block of Cabernet is sold to a major producer and is included in blends which sell for between $35-$80).
- In future Brian Thomson hopes to enlist the services of Steve Hoff (Pat-Premier League Men - Heritage Wines) & other of his winemaking friends to ensure the wines are of ongoing standard and offering exceptional value for money.
- Our initial bottling is of 100 dozen (200 x 6packs) only.
- Details re purchasing the initial Fort Street Red, including a tasting opportunity, will be shared in the coming weeks.
This initiative has excellent prospects, for you and our club; it offers access to wines produced by excellent and skilled winemakers with no middle men; therefore Great Wine and a Great Price!
We hope you will support this initiative which offers major support for the future of our club. Remember, we're not asking you to put your hand in your pocket again for additional donations to the club-merely asking you to make the Fort Streetrange of wines your first choice for everyday drinking.
Wine - Order Form.pdf